|Simply follow these steps:|
1. Remove (unplug) all dongles
2. Download and run https://package.windev.com/pack/addons//hasp/HASPUserSetup.exe (8.11)
- Under Seven/Vista you may have to answer YES when asked about permission to perform this task.
- Always answer Yes if you're asked to uninstall a previous version.
3. When the message "Sentinel HASP Run-time has been successfully installed is displayed, plug the dongle again and let Windows detect the dongle.
For version lower than version 25 if the dongle is not recognized goto FAQ 3518 in order to install a command line driver.
A Newer version of this application is already installed on this computer if this message occurs, goto FAQ 21794.
Uninstalling the driver can be done with the HASPUserSetup.exe program.
Windows insider: this driver is not compatible with the versions of Windows (Preview Builds) deployed as part of the Insider program.
The "Sentinel LDK Licence Manager" service must be started. Make sure this service is running in case the dongle is not seen.
Remote Desktop/TSE/RDP & Multiple licenses dongle ? If WINDEV, WEBDEV or WINDEV Mobile is
launched remotely through the Windows remote desktop, the key must be of the network/multi workstation type. A single-user key cannot be used remotely through the Windows remote desktop (this is authorized by Teamviewer, VNC...).
In the case of a network key for a multi-user license, apply the recommendations of this FAQ : http://faq.windev.com/edit.awp?id=3067
"Sentinel LDK Licence Manager" service : if a local key is not recognized, make sure this service is running. Notably:
- port TCP/UDP 1947 must be opened
- set the startup type of the service to Automatic (delayed start)
- check whether any antivirus/spyware is not blocking the service
Windows 8, Windows server 2012 : use the command-line version : Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_cmd_line.zip, instructions are available in the Readme.html.
Windows 10 anniversary update (redstone) : use this update : https://support.microsoft.com/fr-fr/kb/3176938